Wednesday 27 January 2016

Revision Essentials



Hello Everyone,

Sorry I din't post on Monday I was busy doing homework and revising so I thought that instead of only posting on Saturday this week I decided to write a post today on my revision essentials so here it is: 

My first essential is highlighters they are probably my number one revision essential they're so useful to help pick out the key words and can also help key points stand out in your notes.
The next is similar to the last but it's coloured pens these are useful if you have a lot of different things on a page sometimes you don't have enough different colours of highlighters. They also help me if I've got diagrams I need to learn then I use them to label each of the different parts.
Post-its and flashcards are my next essential; if I've got formulas or something like that to learn then I write it on a post-it note a stick it somewhere I look often like on my mirror or by my door. 
Flash cards are just so useful to just jot down the key points and terms you need to learn; you can also use them to test yourself if you write a term on one side and the definition on the other and keep going through them and mixing them up so you have to say either the definition or the term to help you learn them. You can also use them for diagrams as well.
If you have long journeys then to avoid having to carry loads of flashcards around with you I recommend downloading the app Quizlet then all of your cards will be on your phone so you can access them super quickly and revise on the go. This way you also use your time productively while having to travel a long way.
My last essential is Revision guides they are so helpful to use; you can just look up the topic you need to learn about and find it summarised and explained in the book. You need to make sure that you get the right revision guide for your exam board, if you're not sure which ones are for you then you can always ask your teacher for recommendations.

I hope todays post helped you see you on Saturday,
Charlotte x


No comments:

Post a Comment