Monday 11 April 2016

A Weekend Away in London

Hey Guys,
sorry for not posting on Saturday; I was in London for the weekend with my friends. So I thought that today I would fill you in on what we did.
We went down to London as it was one of my best friends, Alice's birthday on March 15th so it was for her birthday but we could only all meet up this weekend. We set off quite early for the holidays as we met at the station at 8:15 and then got the train down to London and arrived at eleven. Alice's Auntie met us there as she was looking after us and helping us get around. 
First we headed to Oxford Street to go shopping and went to all of the classic shops like Topshop and Urban Outfitters and quite a few more. I actually didn't splurge I just bought a really cool book called Lonely Planet's Ultimate Travelist which is full of 500 fabulous place to go and experience and see. Travelling is something I really want to do so I thought this book was a good book to buy and look through for inspiration.
After we'd done shopping on and around Oxford Street we had planned to go to Covent Garden but then we all decided that we weren't really in the mood and were ready for a sit down after a good few hours shopping; so instead we headed back to the hotel we were staying at and chilled for a bit before we took a trip to the M&S round the corner from the hotel to get some treats! We also spotted an Oliver Bonas shop down the road so we also had a look in there and I saw the frames that I want to get so now my heart is set on them so I'll be ordering them after I finish writing this!
When we got back to the hotel we decided to order a Domino's and ate that in our room before we got ready to go to the theatre. So then we headed to the theatre to see Mamma Mia which was so amazing I definitely recommend it to any one who loves Abba and musicals and drama and rom coms and really I just feel like most people would enjoy it to be honest with you.
When we got back to the hotel after seeing the play we were all tired but hyper from the play which was a funny mix and we got up to a lot of fun! until we finally went to sleep at nearly 2am!!
In the morning we had to be out of the hotel by 9am so were slightly rushed when getting ready but then headed out to breakfast before we went to the London Dungeons which was such a great experience and I think my favourite bit was either the court room or the ride at the end.
After the Dungeons we went for lunch at Pizza Express before heading to the IMAX to watch Batman v Superman which I'm not going to lie was quite hard to follow; but the IMAX was amazing. It was like walking into a massive arena and being on the front row! the screen was just huge and filled the room.
We had to leave a few minutes before the end of the movie to get back for the train to Sheffield after an absolutely amazing weekend with my best friends and if you are ever in London and have the chance to experience any of the things I got to then I would definitely say to go to it as you need to grab every experience and opportunity that you get given.

I hope you liked this post and I promise that I'll get back to the normal schedule for my posts next week, see you then,
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment