Tuesday 2 September 2014

DIY Pencil Case-Back to School Week

Hello,


So today I'm going to do a DIY project, i hinted about this in yesterday's post.
You will need:



I'm going to show how to make your pencil case go from being plain and boring to being a cute and stylish one-of-a-kind pencil case that none of your class mates  will have; because I don't know about you but I hate it when everyone else has bought the same pencil case you have. Now let's get on and make your pencil case!
What you need:
~Newspaper or something to protect your work surface
~Scissors
~Hot Glue Gun 
~Spare Glue Sticks
~Ribbon or just anything that you want to put on your pencil case
~A Charm (optional)
~A Pencil Case
First you want to cover your work surface, then plug in your hot glue gun so it can be warming up.


Next you want to measure out your ribbon and cut two pieces, one for each side.
I then rounded the edges of the ribbon because the pencil case I was using had round corners.
Now you want to put a line of glue at the top of your pencil case and press the ribbon down on top of it. Don't forget to smooth it down! Because my ribbon is quite wide I applied another row of glue and secured the edges down. I also ended up using a little glue spreader to neaten up the edges where the glue had gone over the sides. 


Then i stuck down the other ribbon on the other side of the pencil case.
Remember to turn off and unplug your glue gun so it doesn't get to hot!
Now you can tie your charm on the zip of your pencil case. You could also get some thread and plait it and tie that on.
Now all that's left to do is put all of you pens and pencils in.

 That's it for today I hope you've had a good day and have enjoyed the start of the new school year if you went back to school today.

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment