Saturday 12 December 2015

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Recipe


Hey Guys,
So the other weekend I went out for lunch with my mum and surprise, surprise I ordered a hot chocolate with my meal! They actually had a few different flavour hot chocolates for Christmas so they had peppermintferrero rocher, after eight and a couple of other flavours but I went for the salted caramel flavoured one and I fell in love! So I looked up loads of recipes when I got home and tried a few different ones out and think I have perfected my recipe so here it is:

What you'll need:
(these amounts fill two average size mugs)

3 cups of milk
1/2 cup of caramel/toffee sauce
1/3 cup Marshmallows
1/4 cup of drinking chocolate/hot chocolate powder
a pinch of salt
Whipped cream
Honeycomb Pieces, Sprinkles or anything else you'd like to decorate it with

What you need to do:

So you want to start off by poring the milk in a pan and placing it on a low heat and then pour the caramel sauce in when the milk has warmed up a bit. Instead of caramel sauce I just used toffee sauce that you put on ice cream! but any sort of toffee or caramel sauce will do just stir the mixture until the two are combined. Once that has got quite warm you want to mix in your dry ingredients (the drinking chocolate and the salt) and continually stir the mixture until it is hot enough. It doesn't need to be boiling just heat it till its a bit too hot for you to drink so that it can cool down a little bit and be perfect to drink. After your mixture is hot enough take it off the heat and pour it into your mug. Then you can pour in some marshmallows, squirt some whipped cream on top and then sprinkle some sprinkle on top of the cream and your done!
You also don't have to add the salt if you don't want to it still tastes really good without it.

I really recommend you guys try out this recipe because it really does taste delicious. More Christmas recipes are on there way but I'll see you on Monday,
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment