Saturday 14 November 2015

3 Simple Steps to Silky Smooth Legs


Hello Everyone,
as the festive season is nearly upon us and I'm sure you'll be going to Christmas parties in sequinned party dresses I thought that I would share with you my 3 steps that I follow when I want my legs to look silky smooth.

Step 1: The first step is pretty obvious and I'm sure most of you already do it but it's to shave. Now although most of you probably do this fairly frequently (even though it can be a real pain!) and probably have your own technique and products you use I thought I'd tell you a couple of my shaving tips and what I use; I used to use either shaving foam or shower gel when I was shaving my legs and then I went on to not shaving but using the Veet in shower hair removal cream as my friend Alice recommended it to me, it was a good product but it didn't work ad effectively as I would have liked it too but it is however an alternative if you don't want to use a razor. I now use my conditioner (Alberto balsam) and just a regular shaver and I find that this is the most effective method for me and using conditioner helps the blade to glide easily and moisturises your legs while you shave so it's a 2 in 1 method!
Step 2: The second step is to exfoliate and I think this is the step that most people don't do and it really does make a big difference to the appearance of your legs.
Right after you have shaved and rinsed your legs, exfoliate them this removes any dead skin from your legs which makes them really smooth. I use the Sanctuary spa Covent Garden body scrub which is a really good but you can also make a really cheap and effective exfoliator by mixing coffee and shower gel/soap together and rubbing it on your legs.
Step 3: The final step is to moisturise and again I think this is a step that a lot of people neglect but really it's just as important as shaving. You remove a lot of moisture from your legs when you shave and exfoliate so it's really important that you put it back in.
As soon as I get out of the bath or shower I moisturise because there's no point in you going to all the trouble of shaving and exfoliating and then missing out the final step! I use the Nivea moisturiser which is super hydrating and lasts for a long time or Johnson's Baby Lotion as it doesn't contain any artificial things and isn't perfumed which is good for people with sensitive skin like me.

After you've completed all 3 steps you should be left with silky smooth legs and to make it last longer try to moisturise your legs everyday if you can and shave 1-2 times a week depending on how quick your hair grows and if you've got a special event to go to like a Christmas party.
I hope this posts has been helpful and have a great time whatever you get up too in the run up to Christmas. I will be posting a guide to advent calendars 2015 very soon so look forward to that and leave me a comment telling me what advent calendar you got last year,
See you on Monday,
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment