Monday 16 November 2015

Pintrest Hacks Tried and Tested | Eyes


Hello Everyone, 
so im sure you'll all have been there scrolling through Pintrest and then you keep coming across different beauty hacks and tips that look really cool and lets be honest we all have 100s of them saved but we never really get round to trying them out or we're a bit sceptical to so I thought that I would start a new series where I test out different beauty hacks I see on Pintrest and let you all know if they work or not. and if you see any that you'd like me to try then leave a comment below letting me know what it was or just leave the link to it.


#1 DIY Gel Eyeliner
So for this one all you have to do is place your pencil eyeliner in a flame for a second and then let it cool for 20 seconds afterwards and then it should look more like a gel eyeliner when you apply it!
This one I'm in two minds with because I don't like how it looked when I just lined my lash line as it seemed a bit like lining my eye with an oil pastel but when I blended it out it looked really nice and would have looked good on a smokey eye so I would definitely use this method if you are trying to create a smoky eye but not if you just want to line you eye or do a winged eyeliner look.
#2 Business Card Eye Shadow Protector
Don't you just hate when you get your mascara on your eyelid right after you've spent ages perfecting your eye shadow well this is meant to help. all you have to do it take an old business card or credit card and place it over your eyelid while you apply your mascara. This way any mascara that would have gone on your eyelid will go on the card instead!
Now this one does work in the most part but you have to be careful not to completely ruin your eye shadow whilst doing it. You need to make sure that you don't press the card on to your eyelid or some of the shadow will be removed when you do it but it is pretty effective otherwise so I would definitely give this one a try.
#3 Lash Curling Technique
Another one to do with you eyelashes but for this one you are meant to curl your eyelashes at the base of your lashes and then gently pull the curler back towards your eyebrow so that the bit where your eyelashes are in between is tracing your eye line and pinch them again (sorry I'm really bad at explaining this and it probably is making no sense to you but just type in 'secret to lash curling' into Pintrest and there are load of diagrams that come up that will hopefully help you) This technique really helps to make your lashes more curled and I think that it lasts longer as well.
#4 Fake Lash Look 
Now I'm all for your eyelashes looking super long and thick but lets be honest does anyone actually enjoy apply fake eyelashes I think not they don't go on right and they just never seem to look even but this hack was meant to make you lashes appear like they were fake without having to go through all the hassle of applying fake lashes so what you have to do is curl your lashes as normal (or using hack #4) and then apply a thin coat of mascara, then use a small brush and apply your powder to both your top and bottom lashes. After that apply two more coats of mascara making sure to cover all the powder. Try applying your mascara going left to right as you draw the brush to the end of your lashes rather than just dragging it straight up.
This hack did work but the effect wasn't really that noticeable for how much time and effort it took so I think that it would be less time consuming and more cost effective to just stick with false lashes or just mascara on its own.
#5 Easy Eyeliner 
So to easily and quickly apply your eyeliner, you are suppose to apply it to the upper rim of you eyelash curler and then curl your eyelashes as normal and the eyeliner is suppose to transfer onto your eyelid. now this one was a complete and utter FAIL!! the eyeliner din't transfer on to my eyelid at all maybe it had something to do with the eyeliner I used or my eyelash curlers but this one just did not work at all!
#6 Mascara Rescuer
All you have to do is place your old, dried up mascara in a mug of hot water for 5 minutes and then it should be as good as new! This is definetly my favourite hack it has rescued my old mascara and has made it as good as new there are no more clumps and it's a lot easier to apply!

I hope you all liked today's post don't forget to let me know any hacks that you would like me to try out next time,
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment